Thursday, March 17, 2016

The day my life changed...



March 17th, 2016 at 6:30 p.m. my doctor called.  He knew I was away on my girls weekend but I told him to call me as soon as he knew something.  I wasn't sure I was going to get the call that night, all afternoon I had fretted because I knew the results were in but my doctor was at a lecture.  We prayed he would return to the office and call me with the results.  I wanted to know one way or another so I could get on with my trip. 

There were the words "Lisa sorry to let you know but the results came back and you do have breast cancer." I didn't cry, I wasn't shocked I had prepared myself.  I wanted to know what Grade, what stage, what did this mean?  I wrote down a few things he told me and the doctors he recommended that I follow up with next.  Being away from home I had several calls to make to explain the diagnosis to family.  My bff was driving and torn over the results, I simply explained our trip would not be a pity party we were going to have fun for the weekend. 

We were just at the Texas border and after an afternoon of anxiety over the impending call I was now starving.  That is when we spotted Fuzzy Taco's (which I can say is our new addiction now), 

I am not sure the reality of what my diagnosis was really had set in but I was determined to not let it ruin my weekend away!

No comments:

Post a Comment