Monday, April 11, 2016

The PORT


I like to negotiate at times, so I thought I could convince my Oncologist of a few things, #1 that I could have all my chemo through IV's and not get a port and #2 that I really did not need the Neuralasta shots the day after chemo because I am healthy.

Let's just say I didn't win either battle.  Monday, April 11th, PORT surgery I was good until I got back in the surgery area and then I started to panic.  Thank goodness for great nurses and my very calming surgeon.  I like to back out of things last minute so about 5 min prior I told them I couldn't have the surgery.  They knew my tricks pretty sure I was not the first person to try that line on them and so they put me out before I could get up and run.. Yes I have been known to get up and run. 

I woke up and my first words to my nurse was "When can I eat and drink?" She was my new best friend when she brought me a diet coke to drink.  I am pretty sure she thought I was a little nuts especially when I showed her the antics I had been up to at the gym that morning and asked what she thought about me doing them the next day. Warning my trainers version of this is much prettier looking than mine and B's version, we lack a little grace and need to work on our form a tad. 


After my PORT surgery we went to Fuzzy Tacos for some great food, the surgery had me sore I mainly just felt like I slept on my neck weird and yes it feels weird having something stuck in my chest.  I am sure I will get used to it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment