Thursday, April 28, 2016

Two days after chemo, whats going on?

I love how someone posted on my facebook page that it was great that I am writing about everything.  Truth be told I am a TERRIBLE writer.  So yes I am trying to journal my experiences BUT you will have to grin and bare any gramma mistakes and look beyond any writing I do under the influence of some medications. PS After I wrote this spell check would not work so since its 3:30 am I decided to leave as is!!

So Chemo was Tuesday along with an iron fusion, I was prepared to get sick on Tuesday evening like my first round, I took meds to prepare me and I felt fine.  I woke up Wednesday, still just taking some Zofram just in case I ate breakfast washed all the boys bedding and did dishes with the assistance of my good friend Rita whom took on the task of caterpillar hunting in Mr. C's room after the fiasco of my Red bringing a collection of caterpillars in the room and dropping them I would not enter the room.  They had informed me that one was not accounted for.  Rita was my hero and found and disposed of that one last 1/2 alive critter.  Please note I hate critters and why my little one thought he should bring a collection in I am not sure he says he is learning about them and their life at school so maybe Mrs. S is to blame for this and it was merely a science project that he felt would get him extra kudos with his favorite teacher at school. Needless to say room is cleaned and they are all gone!

So at lunch time I was still feeling good and we even stopped at Jimmy Johns and got sandwiches (not sure why I am craving their turkey with lots of tomato still) it's almost like pregnancy cravings and a few things I normally love are kind of yucky to me like my beloved skinny popcorn and I have no desire for chocolate or candy.  I did lose 4 lbs during my last chemo cycle according to my doctor but honestly my appetite was pretty good and I still worked out several days at the gym and lets be honest I have about 20 lbs saved up from the winter that can be spared.

After lunch its on to my neurablasta shots I get these to help promote more white blood cell counts its like a booster.  Prior to getting my first one I tried to neogiate with my oncologist that I did not need these shots.  He simply smiled and said well if I was doing the normal 3 week regimen of this chemo that he would think about it but I do a 2 week cycle which means my body has less time to recover from that poison and so the shot is a MUST.  The past 2 I have just run over to Mercy Festus to have done since its a quick in and out and I was starting to panic since my insurance was being uncooperative about approving more.  Finally this week they called me so now these shots will be mailed to me and some of my nurse friends will get to give them to me in my home.  Sorry other friends not letting you all try out these on my belly.  They just hurt for a second but about a week after having them you experience bone pain mainly back in your back bone as things start to happen.  For me that was a little tough I am healthy for the most part and without pains and aches I handled it though there are worse things.  (Below is me right as I am getting the shot in my stomach)

So after my shot I tried to sleep and rest but finally fell asleep in the evening and slept good until 3pm which is surprising since its been about 14 hours now since I have taken any anti naseau meds and so I am wondering should I take some or not before I go back to sleep or since I have not had any sickness just be grateful that the Lord is blessing me! Most people say that the first few days after chemo you should keep your anti naseau meds going fairly regular to be safe you just don't want the sickness to come on as once it comes on its harder to take hold of.  I can tell I had iron my energy level is up from last time.

Tomorrow (Friday) I go for another iron fusion then 3 more next week along with a few other appointments, every time I think my calendar is clearing up and I can just sit and relax and paint they put more appointments in but the positive of the iron fusion is why I am doing that I don't have to try and take the pills that I hate and who cares if I am eating red meat or not!

Well I better get back to sleep I had to get up and eat with my steroid pills.  These first few days after chemo I have to keep a list of all the meds I take - for someone that only really took a thyroid pill every day and rarely even Tylenol this pill popping or in my case chewing as I hate swallowing pills is new.

Hoping for another wonderful day given to me right from my God whom I know is watching over me and protecting me through the ups and the downs of this battle!!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I'm amazed at how God uses "this stuff" in our lives to the good of His Kingdom. I'm thankful for a shrinking tumor and so I Praise Him for His healing hands. I'm home next Tuesday afternoon if you need anything. I'm bringing dinner, but anything else, just text me.

    ReplyDelete